Skills learned include
- Saxophone technique (intonation, overtones, technical facility, articulation, dynamics)
- All Scales Major, Minor Scales, Pentatonics, Blues ect...
- Ear training - learn to identify intervals and to imitate short phrases on your instrument by ear.
- Sight Reading- be able read and perform written music with accuracy of tempo, dynamics, and articulation
- Learning what and how to practice
- Play music of your choice
- Read and solo over chord changes
- Learn how to memorize songs of your choice
- Learn to perform with other musicians
- Learning the correct way to play from the beginning.
- Working on the music that you want to study
- Access to a wide collection of study materials
- Preparation for auditions.
- More fun playing with more ability.
Lesson are conducted at the following locations.
- Stone Mountain, Lilburn, Avondale, Online
All location sites are $60 an hour.
Private lessons in your home are TBD
Here is a list of some of the books I use with my students.
- Universal Method
- Rubank Series
- Essential Elements
- Top Tones
*Parents and or students are more than welcome to choose material that they want to study.
- Place to Practice
- Manuscript Book
- Lesson Book
- Become a free Member of Sax Mentor
- A good Instrument ( if you need to purchase or rent and let me know.)